Total Pageviews

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Good news from a lowcarb friend.

Some good news came into today from one of our lowcarb friends John (Wallycorker). He has been suffering a bit lately from forum fatigue, and is having a break. His health is great. I quote  “By the way, I'm now off metformin altogether since October - recent HbA1c was 5.5%” Great news John, but with respect, we are not surprised, you’re a lowcarb star and a great example to us all.


John holds the unique distinction, of being banned from the same forum twice under the same name. Now getting banned from some forums is not the hardest thing to achieve, but twice under the same name takes some doing. Now I know I can go over the top, and it’s been open season for hunting me by the lowcarb antis for a long time, but what was John’s crime ? other than to spread the lowcarb message and welcome newbie’s with kindness and sound advice, none that I know of. Always a gent, a shinning example for what can be achieved with the right information, some self discipline, and the courage to go against the woeful main stream advice. What a crazy old world eh, but that's some forums for you.
 
When it comes to being banned, thread locked, deleted etc. etc. I believe I hold the enviable record of top gun. In fact, I am beginning to feel if you haven’t been banned from at least three forums, you’re not fighting for the cause hard enough. Believe it or not, some time ago, I was asked “if you was offered a moderators job would you accept ?” my first comment was, Jeez have you run out of human beings. The logic was explained to me, that sometimes making a bit of a maverick the captain, often makes him more of a team player, and makes him toe the party line. Common sense prevailed, and the subject was not mentioned again. I expect on retrospect, the person who asked the question, must be heaving a sigh of relief eh !
 
Well I am a team player now, and we have no need for captains, big white chiefs or fancy titles. Every one of us have worked hard to bring the truth to fellow diabetics. Some have been banned, some have been ridiculed, thread locked and edited etc. All have diabetes under control, all have seen a huge improvement in their health, in every measurable way, all are feeling better and looking better than they have in years. The big question is, how are our detractors and the antis doing ?
 
Good luck and good health to all, Eddie
 

No comments: