Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Just when I thought I was out !

If memory serves, part of a line from the Godfather by the great actor Al Pacino.

Around three and a half years ago, a man put me and many others on the path to diabetes control, his name is Fergus Craig. Ferg put a huge amount of time and effort into promoting the lowcarb cause. Ferg is a very bright guy and realised that certain foods raise BG numbers. Raised BG numbers lead to complications. It sounds so simple, drop the foods that lead to raised BG numbers, i.e. carbs. Total simplistic logic eh, err no ! Doctors, Dietitions and many diabetics feel this is not the way to go. They say we should eat the same as anyone else. For a type two diabetic that very often means more medication. Each to their own eh.

So, what’s the "Just when I thought I was out" comment all about. Well from time to time, I feel I have done more than my share of helping other diabetics. More than my share of promoting the lowcarb cause, then someone says “
Thanks for all that you do!” and I am dragged back in. Thanks Frank. I am gonna hang around for a bit longer.


Eddie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. You and the team have helped many including me.

Nicky