Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 January 2012

An email received today.

Hi Eddie,

Although I am not Diabetic I have a big interest in the low carb life style that started this time last year when I wanted to lose weight.

I have adopted a LCHF way of eating and the weight is still coming off, but over the course of the year I have been watching, sometimes commenting on Heart UK and am a subscriber to Diabetes uk.

I have looked and listened to a huge amount of stuff over the course of my research and have developed a pretty sensitive BS radar, which is where Diabetes UK comes in.

I have watched with increasing astonishment the posts on this website, and when I see something that is particularly egregious I forward it to Jimmy Moore, more to let off steam than anything else.

This past week or so has seen some utterly incredible stuff put out there, but I'm sure you've already seen it (keytosis = death!).

Jimmy forwarded the interview you did with him and I've just watched it. I heard it when Jimmy first posted it, but I wasn't as switched on then as I am now; but it just confirmed the opinion I have been recently forming.
 
You are doing valuable work Eddie, I just wish your website was the first hit newbies would come to instead of the appalling Diabetes UK. It's desperately sad that people will take advice from there and still remain bewildered sufferers. It strikes me that conflict of interest is the main driver, as you suggest, and it also strikes me that if you want to legally earn a very good living for not much effort, then start a charity!

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Regards,
 
 
Name and e mail address supplied.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes its a shame that posters have to waste so much time having to correct the likes of Angeleyes, ....., Kenny boy.

John

Anonymous said...

"You are doing valuable work Eddie, I just wish your website was the first hit newbies would come to"

Yes, Eddie and the team do do a great job. I was fortunate and found the website. What I really liked and found so helpful was the clear way the facts/myths etc about diabetes was put across. My healthcare team are not too bad, but without the help of the website I would have been far more hesitant in talking things through with my diabetic team.

Please keep up the good work.

Thanks from Hattie