Total Pageviews

Monday 23 January 2012

Shamelessly ‘nicked’ from elsewhere.

"My HbA1c result in June of 2011 was 67mmol/mol when I was first diagnosed type 2
Just after I started Dr Bernsteins low carb diet in Oct 2011 it was 53.
Last week it was 44! Despite me easing up over Christmas.my cholesterol has come down too despite all the dairy products I've been eating."

So, carbs reduced, equals reduced HbA1c. Cholesterol has come down, despite dairy products consumed. Sounds pretty much a typical result to me.

Be warned ! This way of life may well lower your weight, give you blood glucose numbers of a non diabetic, reduce your medication and give you lipids of a kid.


Eddie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Similar to my experience when I started lowcarb, it's amazing when you see how those blood sugar numbers plummet just by reducing the carbs.

Scott

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this Scott, you don't realise how quickly your bs numbers can go down. I really would urge all those who haven't done so yet to give a lower carb lifestyle a try, see how you get on before you dismiss it.

Glenys

Lowcarb team member said...

Time, after time, after time, after time, we have seen these type of posts on forums and blogs. It would seem the only people not realising the dangers of elevated blood glucose are dietitions. Without a strict reduction in carbs, the average diabetic spend their life (what life they have left) chasing down high BG with ever increasing and in so many cases unnecessary and very often expensive medications.

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Sid Bonkers is blatantly flouting forum rules, his signature gives a link to another forum. I do hope Admin will deal with this promptly.

LCF

Lowcarb team member said...

"Sid Bonkers is blatantly flouting forum rules"

I like Sid, every forum needs a court jester.

Eddie

Anonymous said...

LCF.
Would you be so concerned if Sid's link was to a LC site? There are plenty of forum users, including a Mod, that link to other sites.