Total Pageviews

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Oh no not again………


A comment came in today regarding my reposting of the summer fruits cake. It was said in a friendly way from a valued commenter. It is true I often repeat an article on here, and it is not because we have run out of things to say. I often repost because information received from Google, tells me we get new readers all the time. I don’t expect a person new to our blog, to wade through a thousand plus articles, hence the repeats. As a diabetic lowcarber, food is of paramount importance regarding my blood glucose control. The correct food and moderate physical activity has enabled me to hold non diabetic numbers for over four years. I do not fear injected insulin, but I have great respect for it, and hope to stay clear of it for as long as possible. A personal view perhaps.


As a complete aside, I have been doing some fasting BG tests this week on myself and my non diabetic wife. My wife is an ex PE teacher and very slim, she also lowcarbs as she believes in the basic principles, i.e. a diet based on sugar and starch is good for no one, diabetic or not. Anyway back to the plot, my average fasting BG numbers this week have been 5.4, hers have been 5.1. So my numbers are not too bad, for an old diabetic on a couple of metformin a day, and over four years membership of the betus club.


Eddie

No comments: