Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Usain Bolt a slouch compared to Sid Bonkers !


Usain Bolt is the worlds fastest runner, but old Sid is up to speed when it comes to getting threads locked. Over at our favourite forum diabetes.co.uk. A thread called ‘1 week into low carb diet’ was going along well, until Sid aka the pharmacist stuck his oar in. Surprise, surprise, the thread was locked and all the posts shown below were deleted. I see Sid is pushing his portion control nonsense again on the thread ‘Typical NHS food plate’ stand by for more thread locking and deletion.

1 week into low carb diet
by GazerG » Yesterday, 12:03 pm
It's called a "false hypo", it's because you're brain isn't used to operating with nearly normal BG levels. It's a sign that you're doing well!

Well done!

Am just into my second week, and was having similar symptoms. I too was a bit confused, as after testing I was around 8, so didn't think I was in Hypo range. Glad to know am heading the right way. Got my dieticians appointment tomorrow, so am sure there will be a few disagreements to my 100 carb diet.GazerG Posts: 4Joined: August 14th, 2012, 10:46 pmTop

flyerphil » Today, 11:49 am
Yes its because you have given up your addiction - you are experiencing a sort of 'cold turkey'  

You see type 2 diabetes is a form of addiction - you are a carboholic - and like an alcoholic that has to give up alcohol, you have to give up carbohydrates, for the rest of your life, to become normal again. 

Don't worry, you will soon loose weight and your hbA1C will come down to normal levels, and you will become healthy and slim again. But if someone gives you a peice of raisin toast dripping with butter - you will be off again and have a relapse. Just like an alcoholic that's given a glass of wine, they cant stop, and are back to square one.  

Now when anybody asks, I don't say I am a diabetic, I say I'm a recovering carboholic and if anyone offers me a chocolate biscuit, I say "Get thee behind me Satan"  

Welcome to the Carboholic club. Oh and most GP's are useless and know nothing.flyerphil Posts: 9Joined: May 1st, 2012, 1:49 pmTop

Re: 1 week into low carb diet
by borofergie » Today, 12:18 pm
flyerphil wrote:You see type 2 diabetes is a form of addiction - you are a carboholic - and like an alcoholic that has to give up alcohol, you have to give up carbohydrates, for the rest of your life, to become normal again. 


OMG he used the "c" word.

Grabbing myself some Paleo-low-carb popcorn, and sitting back to enjoy the show.

Seconds out! Round 1! Ding-ding.

Sid Bonkers » Today, 12:34 pm
"flyerphil wrote:Yes its because you have given up your addiction - you are experiencing a sort of 'cold turkey' 

You see type 2 diabetes is a form of addiction - you are a carboholic - and like an alcoholic that has to give up alcohol, you have to give up carbohydrates, for the rest of your life, to become normal again." 

Thankfully I dont see diabetes in this way at all  

I am diabetic I am not an addict, I am very well controlled at present and I eat carbs every day with almost every meal, and I am not in any way shape or form unusual. 

I am not a carboholic in fact that is just a made up word generally used by those who vlc to describe those who choose a less drastic means of diabetic control. You can choose whatever way you want to control your diabetes flyerphil but please dont tell people they "have to give up carbohydrates, for the rest of your life, to become normal again" that is just nonsense. I assure you I am quite normal thank you very much  

Some people choose to go very low carb but most do not. They simply cut back on carbohydrates to a level that their meters say is OK.

Alcoholism is a serious condition that has both physical and mental symptoms please dont trivialise it by comparing it to low carbing.

flyerphil » Today, 5:46 pm
Sid Bonkers wrote:
"flyerphil wrote:Yes its because you have given up your addiction - you are experiencing a sort of 'cold turkey'  You see type 2 diabetes is a form of addiction - you are a carboholic - and like an alcoholic that has to give up alcohol, you have to give up carbohydrates, for the rest of your life, to become normal again." 

I am not a carboholic in fact that is just a made up word generally used by those who vlc to describe those who choose a less drastic means of diabetic control. You can choose whatever way you want to control your diabetes flyerphil but please dont tell people they "have to give up carbohydrates, for the rest of your life, to become normal again" that is just nonsense. I assure you I am quite normal thank you very much  

Some people choose to go very low carb but most do not. They simply cut back on carbohydrates to a level that their meters say is OK.

Yes I know its a shock when you find out Sid and your are try to reject your addiction - psychologists call it being in denial - this is indicative of your deep addiction. I know I was an addict, OHhhhh those choccy buiscuits and hagan daz ice cream, aarhh.

Now accept it and give it up. You are a carby. Throw your meter in the bin, and give it up !

 Sid Bonkers » Today, 6:00 pm
Are you for real?

Goodbye

 swimmer2 » Today, 6:27 pm
Oohh this is good.. pass the peanuts Boro..Just keep swimming, keep swimming

Etty » 1 minute ago
Don't worry about Sid, Flyer, he is actually low carbing but doesn't like to say so. He calls it "Portion Control". A sad case. 

Sid  'a sad case' indeed !

Eddie



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Says it all really Eddie. You think that trolls have a place on DCUK.

Good Greg said...

This was a good item on the forum with some good information put in a 'jolified' way. Shame it ended in the way it did but good to see your views on it here.

Lowcarb team member said...

“Says it all really Eddie. You think that trolls have a place on DCUK.”

I appreciate Sid’s diet works for him, but feel Sid is a one off, and his diet would not suit many type two diabetics. I appreciate he has caused or has been involved with most of the thread locking for four years, but I think calling Sid a troll is a bit over the top.

As an aside, I recently stated Sids diet of corn flakes, chocolate digestives and celebration chocolates would not keep my kids gerbil alive. In the interests of science we fed the poor creature Sid’s diet. It is with regret I must report Minnie expired within a week. An obituary will appear in tomorrows Times.


Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

Good Greg said...
"This was a good item on the forum with some good information put in a 'jolified' way. Shame it ended in the way it did but good to see your views on it here."

The typical low carb high fat anti have many unusual traits. It has become apparent to me over the years, they are the most humourless nerks that ever came up the pike. I put it down to a very sub standard diet, but I could be wrong. Maybe it’s the med’s.

Eddie




Anonymous said...

I can see why you are called Ediot. Flyerphil is the troll not Sid Bonkers.

Lowcarb team member said...

"I can see why you are called Ediot. Flyerphil is the troll not Sid Bonkers"

Oh dear ! You really must get up earlier in the morning if you want to take me on. I knew that you numbskull !

The Ediot

Anonymous said...

I see carbos eejits are out in force Eddie, I can almost visualise the steam coming out of their ears, they really need to calm down can't be doing much good for their BP!

LCF

Lowcarb team member said...

"I see carbos eejits are out in force Eddie, I can almost visualise the steam coming out of their ears, they really need to calm down can't be doing much good for their BP!"

Carbo the much abused child, revels in encouraging others to abuse. A sad man for sure.

Eddie

Anonymous said...

"http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=32398#p304722"

The idiot rides again - another attempt to derail a thread and get it locked.

I'd call him a total shit but that would be defecation of character!

Ray

Chris P. Bacon said...

"The idiot rides again - another attempt to derail a thread and get it locked."

With Sid it's all down to portion control, could it be when God gave us brains he only allocated Sid a small portion.

Chris

Lowcarb team member said...

I like Sid. My old man had a dog like Sid, a much loved pet. As it got older it turned vicious. Alas, he had to have it put down.

Eddie