Total Pageviews

Thursday 31 January 2013

Putting type two diabetes into perspective.


Type two diabetes is a chronic disease, there is no cure. Unfortunately teenagers are now succumbing. That being said, it can be controlled, and a long and active life should be the norm for the well controlled. Today I read a news item that puts type two into perspective. A very young Woman killed in a riding accident. My Wife and I photograph young people in sport, and over the years we have known of  young people dying on the sports field. Fortunately this is very rare, but no less devastating for the families and friends involved. When I read of type two diabetics, moaning and whinging about having to drop certain foods, and change their lifestyle to control a chronic disease, it sickens me. Get real, how many  other chronic diseases can be controlled by dropping certain foods and getting off your butt ? None that I know of.

Eddie

A tragic news item here.

4 comments:

Lori Miller said...

Last, year, I was in an accident that left me unable to chew and without the use of my right arm (I'm right handed). I have some significant food sensitivities. Cooking for myself under the circumstances turned out to be a minor inconvenience. After that, I really don't want to hear anyone whine about how hard it is to restrict their carbs.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Lori thank you for your comments here. As you prove type two diabetes can be a minor detail compared to a real injury or non controllable illness.

Regards Eddie

Anonymous said...

It is human nature to have a moan, most of us do about very trivial things, head ache, back ache etc When an accident occurs such as the one here in this article it does make you stop and think and my heart goes out to this young girls family and friends.
With diabetes and many other illnesses it is within our own power to do something about the condition and get on with life, we are fortunate.

My prayers are with this young girls family.
Grace

Anonymous said...

I appreciate this post has been up a week or more but I just wanted to add that it is things like this that can help all of us put things in the correct perspective.

Anne