Total Pageviews

Monday 14 January 2013

The xyzzy debate.


Rather than turn this into a comment, that gets lost within a thread, I thought we could debate the subjects in an open type forum setting. You know my email address, so you can send your responses to me, and I will place them on this thread, unedited of course.

Stop changing the subject mate.

Yes I did not answer your last comments fully, I wanted to keep it between me and you. Regarding your comment, you are pushing for an answer, so I will give it to you.

 “Certainly didn't help Lucy did it?” 

This is lucylocket who stated yesterday. “I think, looking at recent postings, that Eddie is trying to stir up trouble on this site, He was the one who mentioned Sal, he is the one who keeps talking about using controversy to increasing our rate of being read by others. He is the one talking about karma and stuff.”

You do realise Lucylocket is also known as fibreclaireUK, and was a regular poster on this blog, and was certainly up for some winding people up, at other forums, when it suited her. Posting on the "fight club" blog, not the shrinking violet she appears to be eh.

Like I said you seem to be more into karma, thanks you's, ratings etc rather than actually helping people at the moment which is a shame. A bit up yourself to be frank.

It is true the karma and thank you’s did mean something to me, I accepted them in good faith, and to me it was a marker people liked my posts, and felt I had something positive to offer.

Sounds a bit like what I was ACTUALLY writing about on my thread doesn't it? You know the difference between the true helpful LC message and a bastardized celebrity cultist crazy version of it.

Sorry was you referring to me or Jimmy Moore ?

The bottom line in this is that you object to us discussing those GTT experiments because they show that people who are diabetic can quite happily get good levels across a wide range of regimes. That is a message you do not want heard for some reason or another. 

I don’t object to people talking about anything. That is why I started  a separate thread, so I did not derail or take other threads off topic.

You then tried to disrupt the discussions that were going on in an identical manner as the low carb antis did on DCUK. The difference is we have a karma system and our members told you what they thought of your tactics. The words pot and kettle come to mind.

The words pot and kettle come to mind, don’t they just. I remember when you and other board members were staunch lowcarb activists. Taking on lowcarb antis and causing disruption got four board members banned including you.You and I have taken on people that pushed a diet useless for many, and then you use a carb number to newbies that the NHS and DUK would applaud. Let's not forget you guys fought anti lowcarbers 24/7 until you got banned. You then start your own forum and run it as a carbon copy of DCUK.

Grow up and start doing some real good like my mate Fergie does. He does a stricter carb regime than you and wouldn't dream of telling someone else that his is the only way.

Start doing some real good, what something like paying for the hosting of a diabetes website and helping the newly diagnosed for almost five years. Working with people that contact me via the website via emails, telephone and face to face meetings. Maybe working over the years offering my services as a photographer free of charge to charities. Working on three blogs spreading the word re lowcarbing and it’s many benefits and setting up a lowcarb recipe blog to help get newbie’s on their way. 6000 posts on diabetes forums etc etc.

I am fully aware of Stephens charity work, and I know he is your mate, you keeping telling us. Let’s leave Stephen out of this debate, this is between me and you. When have I said my way was the only way . The fact is if you remember at DCUK almost all the success stories featured lowcarb. That fact has remained constant for nearly five years, and it will probably remain constant for the next five years. The list of people using 150 grams of carb a day and holding good numbers is short. Some of the best controlled diabetics I have heard of or know are Dr.Jay Wortman, Fergus Craig, Richard Bernstein MD, Pneu, Stephen and Wiflib, how many more do you want ? all on around 30 carbs per day. These guys are fully aware that BG numbers over 7.8 causes damage. They also know lowcarbing is the best way to control diabetes, for the majority of diabetics, type one and two, but not all.

Eddie

Post update xyzzy aprox 8pm on the ETYM forum.

"I'm not your puppet to demand I do some debate with so don't expect an answer on nyour blog anytime soon. I posted on your blog what I thought and that's an end of it so just deal with it. By the looks of the blog post you seem to have learnt very little and your menacing tone towards Lucy who is one of the nicest people I know is really most unpleasant. If you come on this forum and behave as "a low carb anti" and attempt to de-rail threads then expect to be treated as one. It's really that simple."

So if you post on the forum you can get edited, deleted or thread locked. Banning will come soon I expect. This is Kenny/Cugila MK 2 and no mistake. 

Eddie




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Posted by xyzzy to borofergie tonight

Love you btw xx as some "out there" seem to think this is some kind of big bust up between us. It is just a debate between two friends who have differing perspectives on the same issue as far as I'm concerned. Obviously an alien concept to some.

marriage or a civil partnership soon.

Anonymous said...

Lucylocket has been trouble since she joined diabetes forums. No great loss to anyone.

Unknown said...

Nigel said:"Lucylocket has been trouble since she joined diabetes forums. No great loss to anyone.

I disagree strongly Nige, I think Lucy is a great example of someone who has benefitted greatly from Diabetes Fora.

When she joined DCUK, she was too scared to confront her bullying Diabetes Nurse. She is now a "Low-Carb" rotweiller, who can stand toe to toe with any low-carb hater, such as yourself.

Lucy scores pretty highly on my list of diabetic heroes.

Lowcarb team member said...

Has Nobhead infiltrated this blog !

We need to be told !

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Well, yet more debate, and it is welcome. Whether you are for or against an argument, person, view etc it does not matter. For it is the debate lively, funny, thought provoking that should and needs to prevail on any forum or blog. Without it you do not move on, you become stale and the readers and followers become stale. Life should be about discovery and exploring different ideas, views, research etc. You are never too young or old to keep an open mind and join in the debate. So thank you Eddie and xyzzy. I especially welcome different views on the way people manage their diabetes. I eagerly await xyzzy's reply. I am sure it will be a measured one looking through other items he has written.

Joe
Please note that some of what I have written has appeared on other posts here but I feel my thoughts are just as relevant now.

" helpful soul " said...

To follow this great argument - oops sorry debate, it may be useful to also read the article and comments on 'ETYM diabetes forum or Gulag?' it may give you, the reader, a clearer picture of what has already been said.

Anonymous said...

It would appear xyzzy has chickened out of this debate. Perhaps he will change his mind.
If you make a comment isn't it polite to reply, Eddie did ............

Anonymous said...

It looks like the 'debate' will not been seen here.

Oh well, plenty of other interesting articles to read.

Thanks guys.