Total Pageviews

Monday 6 May 2013

lowcarbhighfatblog.com a great new blog.

Hi folks this is a new blog, and its early days, but boy I think it is going to be a real asset to the lowcarb community. I have nicked the story below without permission, you know me, no shame whatsoever. Have a look, I am sure you will not be disappointed. Hat tip to Carole and my wife Jan for finding this great site.

Eddie



Hi! I’m Julie, 43yrs old. I live in LuleĆ„, Northern Sweden, with my Swedish partner (he’s from LuleĆ„), and my 13 year old son.

Some time after I came to Sweden, a friend told me that he was on this new health kick, whereby he totally eliminated sugar (and later, all carbs), from his diet. “Ha!” I thought..”there’s no way I could do THAT! it would kill me!”, as I scoffed yet more chocolate. I did see that my friend was losing loads of weight and feeling fantastic though, and this interested me somewhat. Then I heard that another friend was eating this “diet” which seemed very odd to me. He said he was having yoghurt for his dinner one night, and I thought “Huh? A strapping young man, eating yoghurt for his dinner? That can’t possibly be good for him!”. That stuck in my mind, and I started hearing, and indeed looking into, more about this lifestyle (for I prefer to call it that, now I know more). The more I read and heard, the more I wanted to know. I found the diet doctor website which is run by Andreas Eenfeldt (www.dietdoctor.com), and after reading the lists of food I could eat if I did LCHF, decided to give it a go.

So on 8th October 2012, I started with LCHF. I was immediately impressed with how I did not even want to snack on rubbish all the time, like I did before. Yes, the first couple of days were difficult, but I never got any of the worst adjustment symptoms I have heard about, like pounding headaches, and feeling depressed. The first week I lost 2.2kg, and started to feel great. I was ecstatic! For the next few weeks, I continued to lose an average of 1 kilo a week, until I had a break at Christmas (rightly or wrongly), so I could have a traditional british Christmas dinner on Christmas day, and relax a bit over Christmas. Well, looking back, this was indeed a mistake, as for the next couple of months, I never really got back into it, and continued eating badly.

During this time though, I gave all the information I had learned (including a link to one of Andreas Eenfeldt’s excellent presentations) to my parents, who have been trying to lose weight for many years and like me, not succeeded. No prizes for guessing what happened next…..they are shedding lots of pounds (they live in the UK, so it’s pounds all the way for them), and feeling great, and my dad is delighting his doctor with his diabetes readings. Seeing my parents success (and to be honest, they have worked harder at it than me from what I can gather), has re-inspired me, and so I have started afresh recently! And what better way to share my journey and information about LCHF, than a blog?

I will post pictures and details of my weight and loss at some point…when I’m brave enough ;)
Thanks for stopping by!


Julie Potts

Lint to the blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This does look a good blog and I like the look of the muesli recipe. Lynda's recipe for rolls on Living the Life look great too, thanks for the links it is good to explore others ideas.

Kate

Jimmy R. said...

Great article thanks for sharing this. I used to be obese until i worked out did proper diet and change my sedentary lifestyle.