Total Pageviews

Monday 15 July 2013

Warning ! Burnt to perfection !

Many moons ago I purchased a Webber barbeque, a great piece of made in the USA kit. Very well made and beautifully finished. Unfortunately it soon went down the local rubbish tip. Good as it was, every piece of food I cooked on it was burnt to perfection. I went out and spent and obscene amount of money on an all singing, all dancing gas job. Far better than our kitchen cooker, problem solved. Maybe, but my barbeque failures have never been forgotten. A few weeks ago one of our kids was mooching about shopping, and saw this item, and could not resist buying it and sending it to us. Almost every day he phones and during the conversation with Jan, he asks, is the old man wearing the apron I sent him ? OK Paul here it is, and you owe me a pint.

The old fella.



7 comments:

paul1976 said...

That is quality!!:D trouble is I just showed this to my missus and now..well she says I should get one too!:O what is she trying to say? I always try and follow "If it's brown it's cooked and if it's black it's fu**ed" that Gordon Ramsay advocates! aaarrgggh

Paul

Lowcarb team member said...

Paul

No one ever got a dodgy gut from my barbeques, no bacteria known to man can survive the heat I subject grub to, and that’s a well known fact. My sausages were like rawl bolts, burgers like hockey pucks, don’t mention the chicken !

Eddie

tess said...

Awwww, man, you and Jan need to come visit! J can make you his incredible spareribs on the grill (ALWAYS the charcoal kind), and i can show you that American food CAN be "cuisine"! :-)

Anonymous said...

Looking good, Eddie!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious

Doug (still laughing out loud )

Anonymous said...

Just what I needed a good laugh, thanks.

Martin

Lowcarb team member said...

"J can make you his incredible spareribs on the grill (ALWAYS the charcoal kind"

Charcoal yes that sums up a lot of my early cooking.

"Looking good, Eddie!"

What,the apron ?

Eddie