Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 November 2013

The Best Low Carb Christmas Pudding Ever …. Well probably !

No I don’t drink 'Carlsberg' but I guess the play on words is quite similar ?

However, I do think that for YOU out there who are following a low carb high fat lifestyle this Christmas Pudding recipe is one to be recommended.

Of course each to our own, but isn’t choice an amazing thing !

The slightly worrying aspect of posting this is -  I’ve just realised that Christmas Day is just five weeks away - I don’t know where the year has gone, but it‘s certainly flown by.

I pity Father Christmas and his Elves who are so busy getting everything ready …….. well so my grandchildren tell me.  

Hope you all enjoy the Christmas Pudding




Ingredients:
100 grams ground almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of melted butter
2 tablespoons of double cream
100 grams of lowcarb thawed frozen fruits. Blueberries, blackcurrants and strawberries.
60 grams of 90-95% cocoa dark chocolate
Two tea spoons of cocoa powder
One large shot of brandy
A handful of almond flakes and broken walnuts Extra thick cream

 Method:

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Melt the butter, use a Pyrex jug, add the eggs, cream, and fruit. Add the dry ingredients and mix. Pour into a medium size Pyrex mixing bowl. Microwave in a 700watt for 5 minutes. Turn out upside-down onto five layers of kitchen paper on a flat plate. Zap in micro-wave for a further two minutes. Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl standing in a saucepan of boiling water. Pour over pudding and serve with a scoop of extra thick cream. Serves four



Hope you all enjoy the Christmas Pudding more ideas coming soon.

All the best Jan 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks very easy to make. Thank you. Val

Anonymous said...

The mix of berries is good.
I will try this.

Laura

Anonymous said...

What do you mean by "Turn out upside-down onto FIVE layers of kitchen paper"?

@lowcarb_zealot said...

Don't forget to remove the 5 layers of kitchen roll - they contain carbs ;-)

heidifromoz said...

I don’t use microwave for cooking. How about an alternative way of doing this?

Lowcarb team member said...

heidifromoz said:
"I don’t use microwave for cooking. How about an alternative way of doing this?"

Hello Heidi, this recipe is only suitable for microwave cooking.

However, I can remember on a similar recipe for a low carb chocolate sponge pudding one of our readers did amend the recipe slightly to enable it to be cooked in an oven.

I've copied her comment below and also referred back to the post.

I can only suggest you try amending the Christmas pudding recipe slightly and see if it works ...

If you do try it out please come back and let us know how it went.

Many thanks

All the best Jan

Copied comment " I found out that using real oven and totally skipping on a baking powder and relying only on whipped egg whites as a leavening agent allowed me to bake a better tasting sponge cake for a special occasion than using a microwave. It took much longer - 45 minutes."

From post/comments here
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=2600659484694637338&postID=2188776028087718820