Total Pageviews

Monday 21 April 2014

DCUK Quote of the week !

"The (not very) funny thing is that my entire life I struggled to keep my weight in check with HCLF regimes, and a horrible struggle it was too. I was constantly hungry, and sometimes I couldn't sleep because of it. Dante's Inferno had nothing over my carbs cravings.

Then I was diagnosed as diabetic, and I started following the LCHF regime to manage my blood sugar, weight loss being the last thing in my mind. Imagine how dumbfounded I was when not only my blood sugar improved enormously, but weight started falling off me like if I were melting.

The big lesson to take out of this is: fat doesn't make you fat."


ItalianKitten here.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Italian Kitten, you rock! Eddie, so do you. :-)

Julie

ItalianKitten said...

Aw, stop it *blush*


Eddie, your blog looks great.
I'll have a good look around.

Lowcarb team member said...

ItalianKitten said...
Aw, stop it *blush*

Thanks for dropping in, I love your posts at the flog. BTW it's a long time since I made a woman blush, but thanks for the bringing back happy memories.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

Anonymous said...
Fat won't make you fat anymore than carbs or protein will, eat too much of any thing you'll get fat.

True, too much of anything will make us fat. But fat has a totally different effect on our metabolism, compared to highly processed carbs and the likes of high fructose corn syrup and other junk such as trans fats.

Get that lard and butter down ya ! you know it makes sense, why fight it ! Praise the LARD

Eddie

Rita said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now, having been LC myself for some 10 years, though not diabetic as far as I know.

I've never commented before, but "Praise the LARD" has had me in stitches. It's now my motto! So thank you, both for that and for your excellent blog.