Total Pageviews

Friday 9 May 2014

But Must I Move My Legs ?



Oh dear, I’d just got comfortable, and the front door bell rings. I’d had a busy day and my legs were appreciating the break from moving. A nice cup of tea was sitting on the table, my book at it’s side ….and I was on the final chapter, I was looking forward to that sit down.
 
However, I did answer the door. Our neighbour stood there with a large black bag by her side. She knows I like to support and help out our local hospice shop. She had been having a sort out of her books and ornaments, that were in good condition, but she no longer needed. Indicating the contents of the bag she asked, could I take these down to the Hospice Shop when I next went down please,……..with pleasure I replied,……. would you like a cup of tea? Oooooh that would be lovely.
 
So I did get a nice sit down, I also enjoyed a friendly chat and got some good things that when sold at the Hospice Shop will go to helping out those in need.
 
Feeling refreshed l then turned my thoughts to dinner. Yesterday’s dinner had been a chicken dish tonight’s was going to be a beef dish. Some lovely beef burgers or as my kids used to call them ‘Gourmet Burgers’. The recipe can be found here, and a nice bottle of red wine waiting ……ah ah I can hear Eddie’s key turning in the lock….either that or it’s a burglar!
 
So on with the cooking
 
All the best Jan
 

No comments: