Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 June 2014

Cheesy Cauliflower Puffs – Low Carb and Gluten-Free


"I have to admit, I spent most of my life sadly underestimating cauliflower. I’ve always liked it and it’s been in my vegetable rotation for many years. But for 37 odd years, I had really only eaten it steamed or raw. Maybe in the occasional stir-fry. I had no idea how versatile a vegetable it truly was. It was just the plain white vegetable that graced my plate with a pat of butter and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, or sometimes hanging out on the crudite plate, often left behind with the mushrooms while the pepper and carrots got gobbled up. And although I liked it very much and ate it willingly at any time, I didn’t give it much credit for being interesting and adaptable.

And then…I became diabetic. And discovered low carb. And food blogging. Suddenly a whole new world of cauliflower goodness opened up to me. Mashed cauli in place of mashed potatoes? Cauliflower rice? Cauliflower pizza crust? Really, truly, this funny white cruciferous vegetable had so much more going for it than I ever thought."

Check out this great site and good healthy grub idea here.

Eddie


3 comments:

Gwen said...

Looks like my primal eggs and sausage 'muffins'...only squared! Love new recipes that are grain free! Thanks!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Gwen hope you and yours are well.

Thank you for your time and support.

Eddie

Lynda said...

I love cauliflower now!! Cauliflower cheese baked in the oven is one of my favourites. Of course mash and rice too... I'd never go back to potato mash now.