Total Pageviews

Friday 20 March 2015

Sam Smith - Amelia Freer - Weight Loss

Celebrities and Weight Loss is in the news again. If a celebrity looses weight it is headline news. I congratulate ALL those, whether well known or not, who want to lose weight and do go on to do so. Healthy eating is so often key - in fact have you ever known it not to be? Using whole real foods, staying away from processed surely that is key?

Sam Smith (Oct. 23, 2014) 02.jpg

picture from Wikipedia dated 2014

Sam Smith is undergoing something of a transformation at the moment after shedding more than a stone in two weeks.

The ‘Stay With Me’ singer has shared a series of snaps on Instagram, which show off his dramatic weight loss, and it’s all thanks to a nutritionist Amelia Freer.

The 22-year-old, who has battled with his weight since childhood, credits Amelia and her book ‘Eat. Nourish. Glow.’ with not only changing the way he views food, but changing his life
.

Amelia Freer

Amelia Freer is a champion for the enjoyment of wholesome, nutritious food.

She goes on to say:

"In my nutritional training, we were all so afraid of meeting a new client with multiple health conditions - the advice we were given was just to keep it simple ... ask "what can you remove from this client’s diet to help them and what can you add to support them?" - it often is that simple a start and I apply this to all areas of my own life."

" my principles for healthy eating. As you will know, I believe that one of the most important factors is preparation – how you prepare your kitchen, how you prepare your food and how you shop are all essential to staying healthy."

" firmly place coconut oil in my top ten must-have ingredients, as it’s one of the most versatile fats to be cooking with. I ensure that I always cook with coconut oil because it has a better tolerance for heat than olive oil. When making salads and dressings, I reach for cold olive oil."

"The oils that you really want to avoid are vegetable oils, as these are highly processed, such as sunflower oil. I advise sticking with coconut oil, butter - if you are fine to eat dairy - and olive oil."

"Green leafy vegetables
We know that our diets need to be predominantly plant-based, so making sure that you always have a nice supply of fresh and, preferably, organic vegetables is key.
The most important vegetables that I ensure I have in my diet are dark green leafy vegetables. Items such as broccoli, kale, brussel sprouts and cabbage are all sources of phytonutrients, which really are a life force for our cells and studies show they may help in preventing some cancers and keep our immune system strong."

Do you agree with what Sam Smith and Amelia Freer says? Read more by using the links embedded in their names........ I think it is always good to share other articles.

One final word ...... as this blog name says it is 'The Low Carb Diabetic' and we are firm believers in the 'Low Carb High Fat' lifestyle. 

All the best Jan