Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 March 2015

The War on Wheat - the fifth estate

​It's a multi-billion dollar battle for your belly. Millions of people are joining the anti-wheat revolution.

Kellogg's, the world's largest cereal maker, has seen its biggest drop in sales since the 1970s. Food companies are selling off their struggling bread divisions. It's all because best-selling health evangelists say that wheat is causing everything from fat bellies to schizophrenia. But do they have science on their side? Mark Kelley takes a hard look at what's driving a movement that is dramatically changing the way we eat. http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/

Graham

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wheat today is so different to the ancients. Kellogg's sales are falling and Coca Cola, Pepsi to I think.
You might say people are waking up to eggs.
Ted

Launna said...

I still eat wheat and I will continue too... however; I won't abuse it and eat only wheat and I am making better choices with whole grains.

I think we need to be more careful and not eat it excessively ...

Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a wonderful comment... Have a great weekend ahead xox