It's for a "Zucchini Slice With Bacon – Makes a great slice to take on picnics, add to school lunches and even have for breakfast. I usually cook this if I have the oven on cooking something else. Make a huge batch, and it will last a couple of days. It’s also great to freeze in portions for school lunch boxes. Add whatever vegetables or meat you have in the fridge, try different cheeses, herbs or cherry tomatoes on top.
Serves 8 (2.9 grams carb per serving)
1 spring onion sliced
½ cup cream cheese
¼ cup milk
1 streaky smoked bacon rasher diced
4 zucchini diced
100g grated cheese
salt/pepper to taste
1. Whisk the eggs and milk together.
2. Add the softened cream cheese. Don't mix this in too smoothly, as I like to see little lumps of cream cheese in the baked slice.
3. Add the bacon, grated cheese, spring onion and zucchini.
4. Stir and pour into a lined baking dish.
5. Bake at 180C for 20 minutes, or until cooked in the centre."