Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Got myself a bargain today.


I enjoyed a very pleasant afternoon having a mooch around our local shops. It would have been even better if the weather had been a little warmer and not as windy ... but never mind the breeze ... it was very nice to spend time 'mooching' as I like to call it.

Both Eddie and I love looking around antique shops, old book shops, charity shops ,,, and yes Eddie does enjoy the fishing shops too! But today I was looking in a local hospice charity shop and this caught my eye.

First I love pink, as anyone who knows me would confirm. The grandchildren at quite a young age knew Grandma's favourite colour is pink. It was my mums favourite colour too, so she may have influenced me there ...

I adore looking at pink roses, pink carnations, pink apple blossom, and there are so many different shades of pink. For some reason it always catches my eye and is a calming colour to, I think.

So, to come back to the picture above. I picked up this bargain for just £1-50, and when I got home did some research on it. It is made by Hadida Fine Bone China and it said 'Made In England'. Isn't it nice to own something 'Made In England'. Anyway, one just like the picture above is being offered for sale on eBay for £14-99 ... needless to say I was pleased with my purchase and it looks excellent on my side.

Happy Days.

Have you bought a bargain recently?

All the best Jan

14 comments:

Rowan said...

That's really pretty - you did well there.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Rowan, and welcome. Many thanks for your comment ... yes, I was very pleased with this and it does look great on my side.

All the best Jan

Jo said...

That's really lovely. It's great when you find a bargain, isn't it? I don't seem to find many in the charity shops around here but my best bargains tend to be plant related.

Anonymous said...

That is very nice dear. I do like supporting my local hospice shop. I give and also purchase.

Kath ( retired HCP )

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Jo - I am very pleased with my purchase - it's amazing sometimes what you can find. I think charity shops are excellent and over the years they have certainly grown in popularity. They do a lot to give needed funds to the charity ...
Yes, I've seen some of your plant bargains on your blog and they have proved excellent giving a good show of coloured blooms.

Many thanks for your comment.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for your comment Kath. Like you I tend to give un-wanted items that are still perfectly serviceable and also things like books to my local charity shops. They are always pleased to receive them. Both by giving and purchasing it can only help in their task to raise much needed funds.

All the best Jan

Snowbird said...

That is a bargain for sure! Gorgeous!xxx

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Snowbird .. and welcome. Yes, I think it is gorgeous too, so very pleased with my purchase.

Many thanks for your comment.

All the best Jan

Carla from The River said...

Fun and I agree, finding a treasure is special. But to have it made in your own country is even better!
Carla

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

That's a pretty piece! I love a good bargain - can't think of any I've gotten recently, but I do enjoy the thrill of the hunt!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Carla ... yes I was pleased to see that my bargain buy had been made in Britain. It looks so good on the side I am thrilled with my purchase.

Thanks for your comment.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Amy, and many thanks for your comment. It is a pretty piece and the colours work well together too - it's very pleasing to the eye.

Thanks and ...

All the best Jan

handmade by amalia said...

What a wonderful find, Jan. It's the little things that bring on a big smile.
Amalia
xo

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Amalia, and many thanks for your comment. It is often true the little things can bring on a big smile, and seeing this on my side ... I'm just so pleased.

All the best Jan