Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 July 2015

Ballet Shoes


Your satin skin so light and pink. 
I slip you on my dainty feet. 

I lace the ribbons around my legs.
I beautifully tie two bows and stand upon my toes.

What beautiful form we make together.
I glide on the floor light as a feather.

I watch in the mirror as I dance.
Oh, so beautiful I’m in a trance.

The notes of music carry me away.
Oh, how I wish I could stay.

Now the music has come to it’s end.
I’ll have to wait for my next dance to begin.

Poem By Heather Shirley

As a child I used to enjoy my ballet lessons, I used to enjoy the shows we put on at the end of term and can remember peering out making sure mum and dad were sitting in their seats watching and waiting for the show to start ...

I danced into my teens ... but ballet gave way to ballroom ... then to the latin beat ... then to the disco beat, but music, movement, dance has always featured in my life.

This weekend I am privileged to go to see a very special ballet performance and I am so excited, I can't wait.   

I am told new ballet shoes have been bought and the costume is ready, the young ballerina has been practicing her special part.

Have you guessed it yet? The young ballerina is our youngest grand-daughter... and if you haven't met her before on this blog here she is pretty in pink. It's going to be a great show.


All the best Jan

8 comments:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

awww. she's adorable!!!! Have fun.

eileeninmd said...

A lovely poem and your little ballerina is just adorable. What a fun time! Have a happy weekend!

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

So sweet! Have a great time. And make sure to bring along tissues in case you need to dab away a tear or two of joy :)

Jo said...

Awww, wonderful. I'm sure it will be a very special show, have a wonderful time, I'm sure your heart will swell with pride.

Gloria Baker said...

aww she is sooo cute!!
Adoradorable Jan!

Carla from The River said...

Sweet as can be!!
xx oo
Enjoy and tell us all about it.
Carla

Rue said...

Awwww... she's absolutely adorable, Jan! I'll bet she was the star of the show :)

xo,
rue

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I had such a wonderful time and our little ballerina stole the show ... have a look at the post called 'Our youngest low carb star wows the audience' to see some photo's.

Thanks again for all your comments, they are appreciated.

All the best Jan