Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 October 2015

Avocado Kebabs : Something Different For Lunch


20 Reasons To Love Avocado!

From their heart-healthy benefits and skin-loving nutrients to their unique versatility in recipes and making snack times extra delicious, we love having avocados every day! Here is another avocado recipe idea you may like!





Now many love to have kebabs during the summer months, but they can also make a lovely lunch, and is a bit different served at this time of year. This recipe is Italian-inspired. It's easy to make and requires no cooking. Keep these ingredients on hand so you can put this simple lunch time kebab dish together at a moment's notice.

Ingredients:
Serves Four
8 (6-in.) wooden skewers
5 oz. salami
1 firm-ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
8 grape or cherry tomatoes
1/2 (8-oz.) package fresh mini mozzarella cheese balls
8 pitted Kalamata olives
Olive oil spray or balsamic vinaigrette dressing mist
Italian herbs, optional

Instructions:
Cut the salami into cubes or wedges about 1-inch wide. There should be enough for one cube per skewer.
Cut each avocado half into 12 chunks.
Thread each skewer with a piece of avocado, followed by one grape tomato, a mozzarella cheese ball, another piece of avocado, one piece of salami, an olive, and a final piece of avocado.
Place skewers on a serving tray and mist lightly with the olive oil or balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Sprinkle with chopped Italian herbs if desired, and serve.

Serving Suggestions:
Serve two kebabs crossed on a bed of green lettuce for a pretty salad presentation.

Tip:

Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.

Recipe idea adapted from here

... remember recipes are made for sharing and can always be amended to suit your tastes ...

Buon Appetito

All the best Jan

28 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Sounds like a nice meal, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

May try this for a midweek lunch with friends.

Nona

Lowcarb team member said...

Blogoratti
Many thanks for your comment, hope you may get the opportunity to give this lunch idea a try.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Nona
Thanks for your comment.
This is ideal for a lunch with friends - obviously amend ingredient amounts to suit as necessary.

All the best Jan

eileeninmd said...

A nice meal for lunch! I love avacados. Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Lowcarb team member said...

Eileen
Many thanks for your comment.
Avocados are such a lovely food - ideal for a delicious and nutritious lunch.

Wishing you a good week ahead.

All the best Jan

The Happy Whisk said...

Count me in, minus the meat and cheese and dressing.

Cheryl said...

I love avocado....I eat them several times a week. This is a nice recipe and will make a change from my avocado salad.........

Gail said...

This sounds great. I have never been a fan of avocados except in guacamole. I bravely selected two this week with all the wonderful things you have told me about them. Mom loved them so do both my sisters. I'm not sure how I am not a fan but looking for ways to change that.

Thanks for visiting and for your kind comments.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I should eat more avocados!

TexWisGirl said...

i have never developed a taste for avocados. don't like guacamole either. :)

Red Rose Alley said...

Jan, I loved the avocado and everything on these kabobs. Yummy cheese and tomatoes. Haven't had kabobs in awhile.

Have a wonderful week ahead.

~Sheri

DeniseinVA said...

I know someone - including me - who is going to love this. Thanks Jan!

Lowcarb team member said...

Ivy
LOL! I can't keep up!
First it was the flying bat - now it's the walking mummy!!
You certainly do embrace this time of year!!

Just enjoy these kebabs with skewered foods you enjoy, and if all else fails avocados are just great to eat!

Many thanks for your comment.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Cheryl
Many thanks for your comment.
Avocados can be used in so many ways - this recipe idea does make a nice change - hope you enjoy it.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Gail
Thank you for your lovely comments. I so enjoyed reading that your mom and sisters loved them.
If you enjoy guacamole I'm sure you will discover other ways to enjoy this very nutritious food. Have fun trying out the different recipe ideas.

I enjoyed your recent poems on your blog - Have a lovely week ahead

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

'CGP'
Many thanks for your comment.
Avocados are just great ... why give them a try later this week!

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Theresa
Alas, we can't like every food, indeed there are some foods that cause allergies ...
Why not enjoy a selection of foods you enjoy on a skewer, or two, with some green salad ...

Many thanks for your comment

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Sheri
Thank you for your comment
So pleased you liked this recipe idea - it certainly makes a lovely lunch.

Hope the week ahead is a good one for you too ...

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Denise
Many thanks for your comment.
Hope you do enjoy this recipe ... very soon!

All the best Jan

The Happy Whisk said...

I eat a whole one either sliced or mashed with raw local organic. Sometimes I'll toss toms in, if I have good ones on hand. But whilst I love those green goodies, they are known carries of mold and so for now, a no-eat for me. But thankfully, they won't stay on the no-list forever.

I change my characters all the time. Great fun for me.

Lisa said...

I did try avocados once and liked it and then when I tried it again I didn't like it. I wish I could remember what was different about the first time. This seems like an excellent way of using them though.
Thanks for the comment about my sister's presents. We've been buying birthday and Christmas gifts for each other like this for years now. Our budget is £10 for each and all presents are from charity shops/jumbles. We buy all year round, it takes the year to find enough things!
Lisa x

Lowcarb team member said...

Ivy
I appreciate you do need to take care with what you eat ...
It's always lovely to receive and read your thoughts and comments, and I love that you keep changing your characters - you always find some good ones ...

Hope the week has started well

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Lisa
Thanks for your comments here and for letting me know about your sister's presents ... reading your recent post I think you have done so well on your search, and she's going to be very pleased. She mustn't look at your blog though otherwise the lovely surprises will be spoilt!

Perhaps give avocados another try?

Do hope the week has started well for you.

All the best Jan

Rue said...

Those look so good, Jan! Of course, just about anything with avocado does ;)

Hope you're well.

xo,
rue

Lowcarb team member said...

Rue
I just adore anything with avocado ... or simply on their own!
Hope you enjoy this recipe soon ... and yes, I'm well thanks.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

All the best Jan

The Happy Whisk said...

Thanks. I have fun with these.

I've been groovin' on papaya this week, seeds and all. The seeds have a nice kick to them.

Lowcarb team member said...

Ivy ... just love that green face, and those eyes, and the feet ...

Keep on groovin' and have a great staycation - I've just been over to catch up on what you've been up to!

All the best Jan