Total Pageviews

Sunday 19 June 2016

Asparagus Egg and Bacon Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette


Another great dish, ... well I think so! Don't you just 'love the combination of this simple salad of asparagus, hard boiled egg and bacon tossed with a Dijon vinaigrette'

The recipe suggestion is from Gina at 'skinnytaste' and she says, 'Asparagus and eggs are a match made in heaven, but not just for breakfast, it’s great for lunch too! I always keep hard boiled eggs on hand in my fridge to use throughout the week, therefore this salad came together in less than 10 minutes. It’s perfect to pack for lunch, and you can easily double or multiply the recipe to feed more. It’s also very inexpensive to make, low-carb, high in protein and fiber and perfect for gluten-free and Paleo diets'.
Now doesn't that sound like a great idea.

Ingredients:
Serves One
1 large hard boiled egg, peeled and sliced
1 2/3 cups chopped asparagus
2 slices cooked and crumbled center cut bacon
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
pinch salt and pepper, to taste

Per Serving:
Fat: 13 g • Protein: 16 g • Carb: 11 g • Fiber: 5 g 

For instructions please use this link here

If you should be looking for weight / measurement comparison charts look here

Bon Appetit

All the best Jan

9 comments:

Jo said...

No breakfast for me today, we're going out for lunch so I'm saving myself. Have a lovely Father's Day with your family.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Sounds delish Jan, will save this one for when it gets a bit warmer :)

a writing place said...

And it is beautiful too!

But I have a problem with mustard. ,-) So it would be a raspberry vinaigrette for me.

Tessa

Mac n' Janet said...

Looks great, I always have boiled eggs in the fridge too.

Tom said...

oh, that looks good!

Snowbird said...

I just love asparagus...I could live on that and broccoli!xxx

Revrunner said...

Sounds very tasty.

Gypsy Heart said...

Looks and sounds delish! Wish I had it for dinner this evening ~ :)

Thanks so much for sharing sweet friend!

xo
Pat

Debby Ray said...

Man...does THAT look awesome!