Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 June 2016

Eggs Baked in Portobello Mushrooms : Low Carb


'Eggs baked in Portobello mushrooms make a fun weekend breakfast, a great lunch, and even a vegetarian dinner when served with a big salad. Choose large, firm Portobello mushrooms, that are not too flat (or the egg will spill) nor too deep (or the egg will take forever to cook)', says blogger, foodie and mom,Vered DeLeeuw. She says 'forget the processed junk - let's cook and savor real, whole foods!' Sounds good to me ... what do you think?

Ingredients
Serves Two
4 large portobello mushrooms, stem removed, wiped clean
Olive oil spray
½ teaspoon (kosher) salt, divided
½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
½ teaspoon garlic powder
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish


Instructions on how to prepare and cook this dish can be found here

... did you know that Portobello mushrooms have a robust meaty texture making them good for roasting, baking and stuffing. They are great for barbecuing, too Рjust dot with butter, crushed garlic, herbs and seasoning and cook for a few minutes until the juices run, or slice thickly and saut̩ with onions and garlic, so many ways to enjoy them ...

All the best Jan

10 comments:

happyone said...

What a great idea that is. I'll have to try it.

Gypsy Heart said...

Thank you, Jan! I would never have thought to do this.

xo
Pat

eileeninmd said...

Hello, this sounds like a great brunch dish. I love the mushrooms. Enjoy your day and have a happy week ahead!

Debby Ray said...

YUM! This looks so good!

Candy S said...

This egg and mushroom delight sounds wonderful for breakfast lunch or dinner. I could even see them filled with an egg, cheese, and sour cream mixture. Oh yummy, now I am hungry.

Lisa said...

Oh my word, I'm definitely going to make these for my tea next week, they look delicious.
Lisa x

Kezzie said...

Lovely eggs, shame about the mushrooms (my food nemesis!!)

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Jan
Thanks for your kind comments on my last day of hosting Mosaic Monday, now I will have more free time.
I've had portobello burgers which are delicious but never thought about cooking an egg in one. Looks like a good recipe to try.

Phil Slade said...

We love eggs and mushrooms. I will try this one for sure for, not forgetting the garlic and parmesan.

Snowbird said...

Oh....how delicious that looks!xxx