Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 June 2016

Green Smoothie : Dairy Free and Low Carb



If you like smoothie's then this could be for you! It's an idea by Fanny Lindvist on Diet Doctor site. 
It's dairy free and made with coconut milk.
Simple and delicious, and can make a good nutritional start to the day!


Ingredients:
Serves Two
1⁄3 cup (100 ml) coconut milk/cream
2⁄3 cup (150 ml) water
1 – 2 tablespoons lime juice
1½ oz. (40 g) frozen spinach
2 teaspoons grated ginger

Instructions for this smoothie can be found here

Ginger ... some interesting facts:
Pungent, aromatic and a little spicy, ginger is a zesty addition to many Asian dishes. Ginger has an impressive nutritional profile and, as well as being packed full of nutrients, also offers a vast array of health benefits. Ginger has been acknowledged for its anti-inflammatory effects, and as a safe and effective relief of nausea and vomiting, particularly during pregnancy. Ginger may also protect you from a number of cancers including colorectal and ovarian cancer, as well as give your overall immune system a boost.

Incorporate ginger into your life by:
Adding some freshly grated ginger into your next Asian curry or stir-fry, or combine with soy sauce, olive oil and garlic to make a healthy salad dressing.


Works well in smoothies too ...

All the best Jan

8 comments:

Jo said...

I'm not really in to smoothies and shakes but I wish I were, they're so good for you when they're packed full of goodness.

Conniecrafter said...

that sounds very interesting and looks delicious, love that what we eat can heal us from the inside out :)

Stephanie said...

Sound like a fantastic and healthy smoothie, my friend. Thanks so much for sharing and have a lovely upcoming weekend. Hugs!

NCmountainwoman said...

Great smoothie recipe. Thanks. We love fresh ginger and use a ginger/soy sauce for seasoning a lot of fish. I surely wish it were easier to grate. Next time I'm going to try the processor attachment on my immersion blender.

DeniseinVA said...

I make a lot of smoothies but I haven't tried any with 'greens' yet. I am striving to find nutritious, healthy and delicious recipes and will give this a try. Thank you Jan :)

happyone said...

My son has been trying to get me to drink smoothies for a while now. I know they are very good for you but I just rather chew something than drink. : ) It does look refreshing though.

The Happy Whisk said...

Woohoo for dairy-free options!

Lisa said...

I bet that has a real zing to it. And it's full of goodness too.
Lisa x