Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 August 2016

How Much Does Low Carb Really Cost - I wonder ?


You may have already seen this article ' How Much Does Low Carb Cost?' from Libby at 'Ditch The Carbs' site ... but if you haven't I think it well worth a read. She writes:

"A question I am asked often is “How much does low carb cost?”. Many perceive changing from a high carb diet to a low carb diet will cost a small fortune. Read on to see why I don’t believe it does and my top tips to help you save money while you transition to low carb.

LOW CARB COSTS VS HIGH CARB COSTS

How much does low carb cost can be broken down further into short term costs and long term costs. Short term costs are your immediate expenditure such as your grocery bill whereas long term costs are medical bills, supplements and other lifestyle burdens that you cannot put a price on. There are so many factors beyond money. Health, pleasure, well being, contentment, calmness, weight and longevity to name just a few."


You can find Libby's full article with relevant links here

All the best Jan

4 comments:

Nina said...

I've noticed that low carb keep your hunger away longer time ... and that a low carb snack every 3 hours keeps my blood sugar stabile as well - A great theme for a blog (and important as well!)

Launna said...

I say the same thing when someone says how do you afford to eat so healthy all the time, it costs a fortune... it does cost more than eating unhealthy but I feel better, my health is in a different realm... I can't put a price tag on it, I like that I don't feel so nasty and sluggish... We really are what we eat xox

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll go look at what she's written. I eat low carb and lots of fresh foods but I have for most of my life so I don't really have a way to figure out the difference. I'm healthy and I'm very thankful for that. And I know I have more energy without the heavy carbs. Hugs, Diane

Linda said...

So much has to do with food choices. Veggies are not expensive and there is great variety in protein sources. Often fish is reasonable, abd poultry is not high especially if buy whole birds. I like good steak for eye of chuck is tasty and not expensive.