Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 September 2017

Avocado on a plate : LCHF recipes

 
Halloumi and Avocado Plate

Real food on a plate. Fried halloumi. Avocado. Cucumber and pistachios. Sour cream and lemon. Because food doesn't have to be complicated.
Ingredients
Serves Two
10 oz. / 275 g halloumi cheese
2 tablespoons butter for frying
2 avocados
¼ cucumber
1⁄3 cup / 75 ml sour cream
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ lemon (optional)
2 tablespoons pistachio nuts
salt and pepper

Why not vary the crunchy veggie… or better yet, make a medley.
Celery, radishes, jicama, kohlrabi, and even romaine lettuce all work well with,

or as a substitute for the cucumber.

83% Fat 13% Protein 4% Carbs 12 g carbs per serving
Find recipe instructions at Diet Doctor site here


Tuna and Avocado Plate

More real food on a plate. Tuna. Eggs. Spinach and avocado. Mayo and lemon.
Because food doesn't have to be complicated.
Ingredients
Serves Two
4 eggs
2 oz. / 50 g baby spinach
10 oz. / 275 g tuna in olive oil
1 avocado
½ cup / 125 ml mayonnaise
¼ lemon (optional)
salt and pepper

Canned tuna is a go-to pantry item when the fridge and freezer are empty.
Try to choose a good quality brand, packed in olive oil rather than soybean oil,

and preferably MSC certified.

76% Fat 23% Protein 1% Carbs 3 g carbs per serving
Find recipe instructions at Diet Doctor site here


Avocado's - from their heart-healthy benefits and skin-loving nutrients
to their unique versatility in recipes and making snack times extra delicious, we love avocados!
Read about 20 great reasons why you should fall in love with avocado too, if you haven't already, here

All the best Jan

17 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Simple is often the best - and the tastiest. As soon as I read about 'foams' and the like my interest dies.

Catarina said...

Great suggestions!! Very much to my liking!!
Thanks. ; )

Christine said...

Beautiful dishes, I love avocado!

Tom said...

...I'll take plate #2 please.

Martha said...

Very yummy dishes!

sandy said...

that cheese in the first picture I had never heard of that - it looks delicious.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I do appreciate your blog (which I recently found) which has a lot of good ideas and makes me feel rather energized. I've shared the link with some friends from a book group who are working on various rather low carb diets.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful food, it all looks so appetizing. Hugs, Valerie

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it all looks delicious. Great suggestions. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Carol Blackburn said...

Looks a lot like the meals I eat. Yes, tuna is a must. I also keep canned baby shrimp and sardines for a go to quick Keto dish.
Enjoy your day.

Lorrie said...

I do enjoy avocado. These are beautiful and simple meals!

Mary Kirkland said...

I'm a big fan of avocados. I use them a lot in my dishes.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh yum! Avocados is a definite favorite in this household :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Oooh, I love the avocado plate! Avocados are so yummy...

Magic Love Crow said...

Love!! Thank you so much for these!! Big Hugs!

Lisa said...

Eggs, tuna, halloumi, I love them all. Now to get into trying the avocados with other foods apart from bunging them into a smoothie.
Lisa x

Snowbird said...

I could eat avocados until the cows come home. They seem to go with everything.xxx