Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 October 2017

Greek Salad Omelette - a taste of Greece in your own home !


How about enjoying a taste of Greece in your own home with this recipe suggestion, it's very quick and simple, and can be enjoyed anytime! Many may think this perfect for a mid-week meal. You'll just love how the feta melts when put under the grill ... yum!

Ingredients:
Serves Four
10 eggs
handful of parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
3 tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
large handful black olives, (pitted are easier to eat)
100g feta cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper

Method:
1. Heat the grill to high. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the chopped parsley, pepper and salt. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then fry the onion wedges over a high heat for about 4 mins until they start to brown around the edges. Throw in the tomatoes and olives and cook for 1-2 mins until the tomatoes begin to soften.
2. Turn the heat down to medium and pour in the eggs. Cook the eggs in the pan, stirring them as they begin to set, until half cooked, but still runny in places – about 2 mins. Scatter over the feta, then place the pan under the grill for 5-6 mins until omelette is puffed up and golden. Cut into wedges and serve straight from the pan.

Tip:
Make it meaty, for a non-vegetarian version why not ripple over slices of ham or bacon before scattering over the feta, then grill until crispy.

Nutritional details:
Fat 28g Carbs 5g Protein 24g

Recipe idea from here


optional - a glass of retsina may go well

χαρούμενος τρώει !

All the best Jan

31 comments:

Tom said...

...full of good things.

Ygraine said...

Gosh, Jan, this looks truly AMAZING!!!

Have a Fabulous Sunday.:))

Carol Blackburn said...

Oh so yummy, and my kind of dish!

Lynn said...

Oh my - this looks divine!

Jo said...

Delicious, I love feta cheese.

Crafty Green Poet said...

that looks delicious!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sounds like a delicious omelet. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Martha said...

My kind of recipe! YUMMY!

Catarina said...

It looks very good and easy to prepare.
I like easy...
: )

Sandra Cox said...

This looks wondrous! Thanks, Jan. I'll have to pass this along to my daughter.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

This is a favourite Jan, so quick and easy making it perfect for unexpected visitors ☺

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds good! Thanks for sharing, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

The feta cheese sounds like a nice touch!

Mary Kirkland said...

Oh now that sounds really interesting.

William Kendall said...

That looks delicious!

Elephant's Child said...

Capital YUM.

H.R. Bennett said...

One of those sad few that LOOKS fantastic but I know I personally wouldn't enjoy it. Thank you for sharing though!

sandy said...

my husband would love this.

Revrunner said...

Hmm, retsina. Something I think I'll have to try.

Kezzie said...

Ooh, yes I love omelettes AND Greek food so this is a winner Jan!!

carol l mckenna said...

Yummy post and so healthy ~ ^_^

A ShutterBug Explores aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

That looks so delicious and healthy.

Lorrie said...

This looks like a delicious and QUICK meal!

Lisa said...

Some warm Greek sunshine would be appreciated to go along with the meal!
Have a great week.
Lisa x

Margaret D said...

Looks scrumptious.

Bob Bushell said...

A splendid dish indeed, I could get my choppers round it. Thanks Jan.

Rosie said...

This looks wonderful, all the tastes I enjoy thanks for sharing the recipe:)

Lisabella Russo said...

This looks really yummy, I think I'll look for some feta cheese when I go to the marked today...

Magic Love Crow said...

So yummy! Thanks Jan!

Linda said...

I love Greek cuisine and salads, Jan! I think that Greek restaurants make THE best lamb...leg of lamb, lamb chops, etc., and I love Greek salad with the feta cheese. The only thing I don't like are the olives, but everything else is wonderful.

Phil Slade said...

That's very similar to a baked feta we we have. Feta with olive oil and very thinly sliced tomatoes, coloured peppers and chilli peppers. Baked in the oven until the feta melts. Simple but delicious.