Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 December 2017

Gingerbread Crème Brûlée : Low Carb New Year Celebration Dessert


This lovely dessert of creamy custard and dreamy gingerbread combined makes an indulgent low carb finish to your evening... 

Ingredients
Serves Six
3g carb per serving

1¾ cups / 425ml heavy (double) whipping cream
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
4 egg yolks
½ clementine (optional)

The recipe calls for pumpkin pie spice. If you can’t find it, you can make your own by using this recipe or by mixing equal amounts of ginger, cinnamon and ground cloves.

This dessert may be served either lukewarm or cold, and preferably with a clementine segment on top...

Please see full recipe instructions at Diet Doctor site here

With New Year celebrations just around the corner, this could be your perfect low carb dessert !

All the best Jan

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my,, very decadent!!! Perfect for New years day!

Elephant's Child said...

It does look good.

Christine said...

This looks delicious!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks good. I hope I can make some cheesecake for a special dessert soon...no sugar for me! Thanks for always sharing recipes I can use! Happy New year!

Karen said...

This looks delicious! I love the flavor of gingerbread and egg custard. Reminds me of a dessert Grandma used to make. Thanks for posting and Happy New Year to you.

Revrunner said...

I haven't had custard in ages! One of my favorite, though rare, treats.

William Kendall said...

I expect I would enjoy that!

NatureFootstep said...

it has been many years since I had Cream Brulee. Maybe time to look for it.

Happy New Year :)

Pom Pom said...

I have to be careful with dairy, but this recipe sounds delish!

Lady Fi said...

Looks delicious.

R's Rue said...

Looks good.

Valerie-Jael said...

I love the sound of this! Hugs, Valerie

Bob Bushell said...

Have a beautiful new year 2018 Jan.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Delicioso, aproveito para desejar umas Boas Festas e um excelente ano de 2018.
Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

Bill said...

Looks and sounds delicious. Wishing you the best for the new year.

Lee said...

Oh, how I love Creme Brulee! I made many when I was cooking in restaurants...and never tired of them.

Giga said...

I would like to try it, because it is delicious. Thank you for your kind wishes. Happy New Year !

DMS said...

Sounds very tasty and unique. I would love to have some! Thanks for sharing. :)
~Jess

Debbie said...

so yummy...my family would love this!!

Gloria Baker said...

Love cream brulee!! Happy new Year!

Magic Love Crow said...

So good!! Thank you Jan!!!!
Here's to a healthy and happy New Year! Happy 2018!!
Big Hugs!