Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 November 2011

One of the reasons we keep going !

We received this email yesterday via our website and it’s these sort of messages that keep us going.

I just thought I'd send you an e-mail of encouragement!

I am not a diabetic myself, but I'm a strong believer when it comes to low carb, especially for people with insulin-related problems, whatever they are. I am carefully attempting to get the diabetics in my circle of acquaintance to try restricting their carbs, but since this approach is not at all supported by any institution in the Netherlands, this is a very slow process. It's really good to find that people in a place as close as the UK have started a blog like yours, with good info and great recipes! I might try setting up a similar recipe site in Dutch, so people can read it in their own language.

The only thing is that I am vegetarian/part-time vegan myself, so obviously lots of meat, eggs and cheese are out of the question for me. I succeed at eating a moderately low carb vegan diet, but I can certainly understand that people who want/need to be really low can't do it without animal products, at least not with current product-availability.

I wish you the best of luck with your efforts. I hope the future has less carbs, so life will be easier and healthier for a lot of people!

Eddie

No comments: