Total Pageviews

Friday 9 December 2011

Diet craze leaves Norwegians starved of butter

The soaring popularity of a fat-rich fad diet has depleted stocks of butter in Norway creating a looming Christmas culinary crisis.

Norwegians have eaten up the country's entire stockpile of butter, partly as the result of a "low-carb" diet sweeping the Nordic nation which emphasizes a higher intake of fats.

"Sales all of a sudden just soared, 20 percent in October then 30 percent in November," said Lars Galtung, the head of communications at TINE, the country's biggest farmer-owned cooperative.
 
Graham
 
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to see this. For me and the family there is no argument BUTTER is best. Our family love Kerrygold but honestly any butter the taste - well you can't beat it.

At one time there was only butter and I'm sure we were healthier for that. Come on everyone lets do a 'norwegian'.

Doug

Anonymous said...

I see one of carbo's sock puppets is having a go at Viv and her diet, of course the cowardly creep prefers to remain anonymous. I doubt he or she has the balls to confront her in person on the forum.

Jane

Lowcarb team member said...

Carbo says low carb is a fad diet, so why his he still going on about it after all this time? I thought "Fad" meant a short lived craze it seems carbos interpretation extends to many years.


Graham

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Graham

I see Commodaphile and his med/carb addicted cretins are getting over excited again, is there a full moon ?

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

"Come on everyone lets do a 'norwegian'"

Doug

I'd love to Doug, but my Missus would kill me !


Eddie

Anonymous said...

Don't be fooled -

As fellow bloggers will know from my comments our family enjoy butter. You may have noticed in the butter aisle there is a new item. A block of 'clover' which in my opinion looks very much like a block of good wholesome butter. Please do not be fooled - look at the ingredients. Good wholesome healthy butter it isn't.
Doug