Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 April 2013

Today’s sermon from the mount. Ad hominem attacks.

The more you look into lowcarbing for the control of diabetes, and understand fully how it works, the more you come to realise there is no other way. What are the alternatives ? Chasing highly elevated blood glucose numbers, with ever increasing medication. Many of the type two drugs are close to useless for lowering BG, and many have been banned or come with horrendous side effects for many.

For five years I have been asking healthcare professionals, dietitions and lowcarb antis, how do I hold non diabetic HbA1c, stable weight, good lipids etc etc on two metformin pills a day, other than lowcarb. I have yet to receive an answer.

There is no other way, the ACCORD trial was ended early because using multi-drug regimes the participants were dropping like flies. OK the ACCORD study had many faults. A bright chimp could see where that masterpiece of how to kill people and waste a lot of money was going. But it proved one thing for sure. Ramming down highly elevated BG numbers with drugs is doomed to failure.

Someone suggested to me yesterday, this blog was launching Ad hominem attacks on certain people. One definition of Ad hominem attacks “Ad hominem is an attack on the person, not the person's arguments” When I had stopped laughing, I explained to the person. 1. Evelyn Kocur and her crew spend most of their time launching Ad hominem attacks on people and 2. How do you take on an argument, when the likes of Kocur and other lowcarb antis, have no argument. These people know everything there is to know about what does not work (they think they do) but know zilch about what does work. Nothing has worked for Evelyn ! With all her bounce, all the verbal, all the science, she can’t get anywhere near a safe weight, nor can many of her followers, I suspect.

The way I see it, when people attack me, or what I hold to be true, through years of personal experience, the same applies to countless diabetics I know or know of. When bitter and jealous dullards take on people who have become friends such as Jimmy Moore, who has helped me and countless others, I am going on the attack, big time. For me this is total war, no Queensbury rules, no prisoners, no mercy shown or expected. Ludicrous dietary information killed off members of my family. They would expect nothing less from me. The fight goes on !


Please pick up your hymn books my fellow lowcarb evangelists and sing with me Hymn 552- Fight the Good Fight. 




Regards Eddie


Fight the good fight with all thy might;
Lowcarb  is thy Strength, and health thy Right;
Lay hold on life, and it shall be
Thy joy and health eternally.

Run the straight race through lowcarbs good grace,
Lift up thine eyes, and seek it’s face;
Life with its way before us junk food lies,
Lowcarb is the Path, and health the Prize.

Cast care aside, upon thy Guide,
Lean, and it’s mercy will provide;
Lean, and the trusting soul shall prove
Lowcarb is Life, and you it Loves.

Faint not nor fear, our arms are near,
We changeth not, and thou art dear.
Only believe, and thou shalt see
That lowcarb is all in all to thee.



<

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The carbsane blog is one ad hominem attack on dozens of people, maybe more. How stupid does anyone have to be not to recognize that??

tess said...

Carole, *some people* think that the rules they hold YOU to shouldn't apply to THEM -- and like Eddie, i feel that when that happens THE GLOVES COME OFF. we see it over and over: in politics, in law, in the entertainment world. some people are *special* and *deserve* extra consideration ... or at least they want it.

SORRY. when people are incompetent but nice they might get a pass, at least for a little while. when someone is an asshole, posing as an authority, and all the while giving injurious advice THAT THEY CAN'T FOLLOW EITHER, there's no reason to give them ANY kind of slack because they'll just abuse it.

go, team, go! ;-)

Anonymous said...

go, team, go! ;-)
Recommended by me too
Jeff

tess said...

(Eddie, did Carole construe my comment to mean criticism of you and the rest of the lowcarb team? Cuz it was meant to support you! ;-) )

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Tess

Not in a million years. Out team appreciate you quiet and calm support. That's not to say we think you won't kick butt when required.

Eddie x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely agree 100% Eddie - and you're spot on with your comments too, Carole and Tess.

My BP is very high at the moment, after just posting a diatribe about the so-called advice given by the NHS & DUK - the person I was replying to still thinks they need to up their carbs, despite what they've read in Dr Bernstein's book.

I know which expert I believe - the one and only legendary Dr Bernstein.

I really wish some smart lawyer would put together a class action suit (do they even have those in the UK?) and sue the pants off the bastards - I'm convinced it's the only way things will ever change - hit 'em in the old hip pocket nerve.

Singing the Split Enz song "I see red" to myself as my BP goes through the roof :-(