Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Peter Attia: What if we're wrong about diabetes?

Published on 25 Jun 2013 As a young ER doctor, Peter Attia felt contempt for a patient with diabetes. She was overweight, he thought, and thus responsible for the fact that she needed a foot amputation. But years later, Attia received an unpleasant medical surprise that led him to wonder: is our understanding of diabetes right? Could the precursors to diabetes cause obesity, and not the other way around? A look at how assumptions may be leading us to wage the wrong medical war. Graham

5 comments:

JanKnitz said...

This is AWESOME!

Be sure to have some tissues with you when you watch it.

Anonymous said...

Peter gives a good presentation it is thought provoking and a must watch video. Such emotion you will need tissues.

Kate

Anonymous said...

This is the best video I have watched in a long time. It deserves a lot of publicity to press home this important message. I see JM is also sharing it.

Paul B

Pneu said...

Peter is a great public speaker and I do enjoy watching his video's. If you haven't seen his site then its definitely worth a visit. What I like about Peter is it's about the science rather than the diet.. he is open to all ideas and does a lot of initial experimentation on himself... a self - confessed spreadsheet geek he is a man after my own heart!

Lowcarb team member said...

Eddie told me I'd need some tissues and he was right. What a fantastic man Peter is. This short video is one of the best I've ever seen, he is obviously a very passionate man. We all know Doctors are not God and not all can be saved or helped but my goodness, if every Doctor, Nurse or medical professional fought for their patients as if it was a member of their own family, which I think many of them do, then they are worthy of the great trust so many of us do willingly give them.As in all walks of life we hear more about the bad ones than the good ones, but I believe most have their hearts in the right place and Peter certainly has.

All the best Jan