Total Pageviews

Sunday 11 August 2013

Pork leg steaks with spiced apple stuffing.

On the post re. Dr Sarah Myhill MB BS A very special Woman ! A commenter asked more than once, what do you eat then Eddie. Well, here goes for tonight's meal. A bit of a cheat because the meat was a ready meal from Waitrose. Pork leg steaks with spiced apple stuffing and wrapped in bacon. Carb content. per serving, 7.6 We  served with the pork, some cubed roast celeriac, a mushroom stuffed with cheese and  half a courgette. Total carbs, 10 maybe 15 tops. That's the sort of food that keeps my BG in the safe zone, I know it's a tough gig, but hey, I am one tough SOB.

Eddie

Please check out the other sort of foods that keep me and others safe here.



Eddie

6 comments:

Galina L. said...

Eddie, what is your take on Richard's story about safe starches? A diabetic 2 with poorly controlled fasting BS managed to improve it.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear haven't others told you not to take photos of your food!
We still do not know what a days worth looks like do we?

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh dear, you can't keep away eh ? One of the downsides of becoming a cult figure, is being trolled by cults like you.

Away and do something useful with your life.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Galina

I am keeping an open mind regarding RS. I made a comment at Richards blog a few months ago re. RS and got the full hair dryer treatment. I read this comment today “I’m going to tell my own story but the gist is that initially, the gas was so voluminous it rose to comic levels. I’m talking 20 second farts, over and over and over, like dozens an hour” If it turns out RS is not much use to diabetics maybe they can find a way of containing all that gas to ease the energy burden.

Eddie

Lowcarb team member said...

Anonymouse said..

Oh dear haven't others told you not to take photos of your food!

Yes your fellow anonymous morons, like I said to them they are nonentities and absolutely no one dictates to us what we publish on this blog!

We still do not know what a days worth looks like do we?

Do you really think you’re in a position to demand answers if so your more demented than I at first thought, and just who’s the royal we? You don’t happen to be a vegetarian/vegan do you?

You’ve still not answered the comment I put to you yesterday so I’ll repeat it:

More to the point are you a diabetic if so what type? Just what do you eat and what meds and supplements do you take, how old are you and what gender, finally are you one of these vile anonymous internet trolls we read about.

Kind regards
Graham

Galina L. said...

I tried to re-introduce some starches into my diet due to unnecessary reading about "safe starches", and each time it caused me some weight-gain. There are some bloggers who got fatter after they started promoting "safe starches", but I got curious about the FBS angle for diabetics. So , my question made you to recollect the horrendous farting.