Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 August 2013

Two days no internet a real bonus !

We have been decorating our lounge which required a breakdown of our computer system. When I set everything up, no internet. First thought, slash wrists and call it a day. Towards the end of day two, I thought I am enjoying this. No wacko lowcarb anti  posters posting negative comments here. No ambulance chasing lawyers wasting my time, my BP plummeted. Engineer turned up this afternoon and bad internet connection found and sorted.

So, I am thinking, is this internet doing my health any good ? Would I be better off fishing and walking around my beautiful local park, would I be better off walking my local three mile nature trail and smelling the wild flowers.

Just a thought.

Eddie

 Local river walk and nature trail.


My private fishing club main lake.

5 comments:

tess said...

welcome back ... but i don't blame you for rethinking the amount of time you spend online! especially with such a lovely outdoor space to enjoy! soak it up while it's still summer in England -- here in Missouri it will be summer for a long time yet. :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks Tess

But you know what I mean. I have been kicking butt for five years and I need a long break.

Eddie

Kath said...

I know what you mean Eddie.
I am trying to break the habit
of sitting straight down at the computer after dinner - I used to walk instead. Makes a differnce to my bgs.
No one could say you don't deserve a break.

Anonymous said...

Goodness we are so used to sitting at the computer/lap top but doesn't it waste time. This can be good, the stuff that we discover for instance, but yes we'd definitely all benefit from moving more and not just our fingers on the keypad. Those pictures look amazing and we should take advantage of what is on the door step and get out more. That was my intention when I made my New Year resolution but guess what I've not kept my resolution to well. Maybe this thought of yours just might inspire me again. Thanks for that.
Suzi

Lowcarb team member said...

The internet is certainly a mix of good , bad and in between, but it is so much part of our lives. Computer technology, computer games even 4yr olds and probably younger learn how to use them. Is this progress? I'll leave you all to think on that.

There was an old tv advert 'let your fingers do the walking' If memory serves it was for a telephone book company, of course these days it is our fingers that do the walking on our keypads. Perhaps for many out there we do not use our legs enough!

Anyway I'm off for a walk later, so it's bound to start raining LOL

All the best Jan