Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Who do you have to sleep with at the ETYM forum to get a mods job ?

That went through my head recently while checking in at the ETYM forum, and the announcement of yet another mod. (close to three days, 50 reads and not a comment made by anyone) The members are not falling over themselves congratulating the new mod. Paul has been a most loyal servant of the forum. The only person to get a community star and 393 thank you’s and 36 Kama’s, then it dawned on me, he hasn’t got a cat picture as an avatar. It may also be  he is a friend of the diabetic Beelzebub, i.e. me. It could be he doesn’t want the job, in all honesty I have never asked him. Maybe I should.

Eddie

2 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

EDDIE! Have you forgotten something? Now who do we know who used to be a MOD on there???
I can assure you......

I am not even going to ask what you had to do to become a Board Member!

Seriously though, They don't need to ask Paul because he's doing it anyhow - he's been keeping the place going for months.

The new mod can't have a quarter of his experience. There are no comments from members because they are all bewildered. I daresay there are reasons why they need more moderators when the number of posters is smaller than ever but the members can hardly be blamed for not asking questions. Every time they have even inquired about the whereabouts of Board Members they have been ignored.

I am sure most of them would agree that it seems offensive to Paul - but he hasn't missed anything.

Kath

Anonymous said...

Why would Paul wont to be a Mod on a loser's blog?
ETYM is for a load of cat loving people with nothing to say.