Total Pageviews

Friday 31 January 2014

Shall I be mother - can I pour you a cup of tea ?

I've written before about how you start your day. Do you eat breakfast ? Do you prefer tea or coffee?

Well I saw this article in the HuffPost Lifestyle and thought that's definitely worth a read.

For me the day does not start well without a nice cup of tea, although I guess a mug of tea would be quite acceptable. If like me you are a tea drinker this article tells more about people's views on what and how to make that perfect cup !

When you click on to read the article you will find a link to 'biscuits' best to ignore this bit ...... that carbohydrate / sugar will not do you any favours, especially if you are diabetic.

Well any time of day is a good time for a cup of tea - so I'm off to boil the kettle, and as that old saying goes. If someone says 'let me be mother' or 'shall I be mother', they are offering to pour out the tea from the teapot. Enjoy your cuppa.

All the best Jan


link to article here

4 comments:

tess said...

tea is a remarkable substance -- more refreshing than coffee during the day, because it has relaxing as well as stimulating qualities. when i'm concentrating on trying to lose weight, I have tea instead of wine or a cocktail in the late afternoon, and it WORKS.

Anonymous said...

Mine's a cup of tea please.

Nicky

Anonymous said...

I find Camomile is a relaxing and calming cuppa.

Galina L. said...

I have a cup of tea first thing in the morning, then several during my day. I love my daily cap of coffee, but tea is way more important. I prefer using tea leaves, rather than bags.