Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 March 2014

DCUK Nobleheads lie of the day !

"I now eat around 180g a day, sometimes a little awful more on a weekend and on a special occasions. To lose weight you have to reduce the calories in your diet, if you burn more than you consume the weight will begin to fall off, that is why Slimming World and Weight Watchers diets are so successful."

He used to say

"I have seen dieticians, read books, spoke to my diabetic care team, and none have offered any constructive advice on controlling weight. Reading this forum has been helpful, and reading other peoples experiences in controlling their diabetes and improving Hba1c's, has been inspirational !

I can't recollect at any time been given advice on reducing carbs to control weight. I have always been told to eat plenty of carbs at every meal, together with the usual meat and veg. Once I was told that a bowl of cereal for breakfast was insufficient, and should include 2 slices of toast also. Looking back I can now see how flawed this advice/information has been.

Cutting back on the carbs, reducing portion size and eating sensible foods, combined with plenty of exercise has changed my approach to diabetes. I am now eating approximately half the amount of carbs I ate only 3 months back, and at last my weight is starting to drop. Before I started to cut back I was 14st 12lb, and being only 5ft 9'' was well overweight, and my BMI was 31"


DCUK forum September 4th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Jeez this guy is so full of shite it is coming out of his ears. Hard to imagine a more duplicitous person, totally shameless. Nobhead ever considered politics ?

Eddie

No comments: