Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 March 2014

"You and Jan, if you're straight Eddie there's hope for Dale Winton yet." A comment that came in today.

A repost from a year ago.

My brother was scanning some old photographs today, and sent me a few, the first photo around 40 years ago, before time, age and decrepitude crept up on me. I had forgotten how good looking I was when I was young LOL. I never had an issue with weight, and diets never crossed my mind, until I became a diabetic (5 years ago to the day on Monday) and obese. At diagnosis I weighed over two hundred pounds and at 5ft 7” that is obese I can tell you. Last year my wife took the second pic. Over 50lbs lighter. And four years on 50 carbs per day diet. Looking back at the old photograph, I appear to be in better shape 40 years on. As I often tell people, type two diabetes can be a life sentence, not a death sentence. It certainly kicked me up the butt.

Eddie




I have to admit, since that photograph was taken I have put on around ten lbs. I only posted it up again to prove I hide from no one, not like the gutless anons that refuse to post even a forum anon name. I will meet any one any time to chew the fat, once they have proved they are genuine.

Eddie Mitchell who can be contacted at the lowcarbdiabetic@aol.com and still annoying all the right people. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good to me Eddie and you're now six years a diabetic and doing good on low carb.

Anon LOL

Anonymous said...

We're on your side Eddie.

James

Anonymous said...

Which police station was it taken in?

Anonymous said...

You're looking like a butch Elton John Eddie, in tbat last picture.

DCUK forum management

Lowcarb team member said...

DCUK management moron said...

You're looking like a butch Elton John Eddie, in tbat last picture.

Just like Karla your beginning to sound like a stuck record, now do us all a favour an GFY.

LCD Blog Site Supervisor