Total Pageviews

Monday 16 June 2014

It's all about choice .....

When you pick up a magazine you don't always know what's inside, what articles you'll read, what recipe idea you might try, what car you may read about!

Magazines are great because you can dip in and out - even start reading it from the back if you want to. I'm not always 'in the mood' to sit and read a book. Now when I'm on holiday, that's a different matter as I tend to read a lot of books. A holiday read is a must ....which brings me on to the question are you a book person or do you have a 'gizmo'?

Most of my friends are still book people, is this an age thing I wonder? Younger members of the family go on holiday with their 'gizmo's and are quite happy ...indeed there are so many on the market these days a lot more choice.

Choice is a good thing, variety is a good thing and since its inception this blog has always been about providing a choice and variety of articles ....that to me is what makes a good magazine and a good blog!

Each of us has to make choices, we read, we talk, we discuss different things. We think .....but of course we don't all come up with the same answer. Some might say wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same.

For six years now I have been living the LCHF lifestyle and I am often asked but isn't the food you choose to eat boring? No is my answer. There are some great choices available ...just look at some of the recipe's we've shown here on this blog.

My choice of meals today have been:

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs, mushrooms and low carb sausages.

Lunch - Sliced Ham with a little green salad.

Dinner -  Chicken and Mushroom bake, served with leeks and a little mashed swede.

I don't always have a dessert, but choices may be blueberries or strawberries with double cream, or some cheese served with a few grapes.

Well there's a gorgeous aroma coming from the kitchen so I'm off to serve up dinner.

All the best Jan

16 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm on my third Kindle/gizmo. I'm almost 63...so not sure if its an age thing. ;)

(Kindle Paper White ROCKS MY WORLD.)

Tanvee said...

I prefer books...I prefer writing to typing...I am always found with my gadgets too but I prefer to relax without them...
Most of my friends find it surprising that I prefer using my diary to my iPad...
Your meals sound so good :)

horfilmania said...

I prefer books. There's so much comfort sitting curled up with a book and it is probably an age thing with me. I do have a kindle but it just isn't the same.

Gwen said...

I wonder if those of you NOT using a book, have tried a Kindle with a leather cover. I use Oberon, and they are STUNNING, and you feel like you are holding an old classic leather-bound book. Here's a photo of my Kindle paper white, with a custom 'skin' and my matching Oberon cover: http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a609/skynsurf/khaleesi_zps034071ba.png

Anonymous said...

Books definitely.
Your days meals are delicious.
Sue

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Gwen

Many thanks for your comments and thoughts. Guess we all have to give these 'gizmo's' a try and see what we think. I'm a bit of a dinosaur ....but never mind.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Tanvee - I'm so with you:

Reading books
Writing letters or poems
Jotting things down in a diary

Priceless and more personal

Not everyone agrees - but that just adds to the great mix life can provide.

Thanks for stopping by

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Horf

Thanks for your comment .... and I agree 100%. You can't beat sitting comfortably curled up and holding/reading a good book. Just add a nice cup of tea and I'm in heaven.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Sue - thanks for taking the time to comment.

Books definitely - YES.
Meals were delicious - YES.

Many thanks

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

WOT
No Low Carb Strawberry Cake ?

Doug ( laughing out loud )

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Doug - yes, a slice of low carb strawberry cake does often appear in my weekly menu plan !
Thanks for your comment

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Somewhere on this blog was written that a low carb diet especially if initiated to quickly could damage the eyes.

Why and if so does that make the low carb diet risky?

"Honest Reg"

Galina L. said...

I have been reading about LC diets for several years by now, and the eye damage is something new and very odd, even though there are a lot of very strange claims blaming LCarbing for anything.

Lowcarb team member said...

"Honest Reg" said...

Somewhere on this blog was written that a low carb diet especially if initiated to quickly could damage the eyes.

That should be "only if initiated to quickly" Reg. Lowering elevated BG to quickly with drugs including insulin would also cause eye damage regardless of diet.

Why and if so does that make the low carb diet risky?

I've had seven diabetic retinal scans which all came back clear, does that answer your question?

Cheers
Graham

Lowcarb team member said...

@Galina

It's just another myth, the facts are for diabetics no matter what diet they follow if they've been running high blood sugars reducing them to quickly may cause eye problems.

Regards
Graham

Lisa said...

Low carb eating is delicious, because it usually involves fat, which is where most of the flavor comes from. I could never go back to high carb/low fat eating.