Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 July 2014

DCUK Another day another great low carb success story !

"Hi All,

Diagnosed with T2 in Jan 2013. Very serious about managing BG levels so used this forum quite intensively to glean some really helpful insights - so thanks for contributing!

In 14 months I've managed to turn around the following readings (Jan 2013 - Mar 2014): Started out with Gliclazide 80 then up to 160mg for a few weeks, then down to no meds at all since. 

HbA1c from 10.1% to 5.6% (87 to 38)
LDL from "TOO HIGH" to 2.4
HDL from 1 to 1.5
Triglycerides from 7.6 to 1.4

Obviously low carbs was key, but so was exercise, LOADS more more salad and vegetables. And er, red wine... but also cut out sugar as much as possible. 

To reduce the bad cholesterol I used loads of around almonds on my porridge, add loads of nuts and seeds, increased my omega 3 intake too... and virtually cut out bread, pasta and potatoes - although I did have odd weak moment

The docs at my local GP surgery are saying they have never seen anything like this before - it actually made their day. That's gotta be worth sharing?!

Gary."


Above post taken from here.

Eddie

No comments: