Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 November 2015

Ginger : Good Points To Know : And Two Low Carb Ginger Recipe's

10 Need-To-Know Health Benefits Of Ginger

Ginger is packed full of macro and micro-nutrients, fatty acids and amino acids. It is even classified as one of the world's healthiest spices according to The Worlds Healthiest Foods. 

There are so many reasons to incorporate ginger into our everyday eating patterns. Not only does it bring a distinct aroma of flavour to our foods but brings many health benefits along with it.

Here are 10 you simply need-to-know:

1. Aids Digestion
By increasing digestive fluids and saliva, ginger helps to increase the stomach's gastric motility. Allowing it to aid in digestive issues.


2. Assists With Inflammation 

Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties which can help relieve symptoms of arthritis, osteoarthritis and rheumatism.

3. Calms Nausea

Ginger helps to calm motion sickness, prevent morning sickness and is also recommended to those experiencing chemotherapy-induced nausea.

4. Assists In The Repercussions Of Diabetes 

Ginger is naturally low in GI and helps to assist in the implications of diabetes by reducing levels of serum glucose and maintaining blood sugar levels. It also helps to lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol.

5. Herbal Medicine for Alzheimer's Disease

In traditional Chinese Medicine, herbs and spices that contain high levels of phytochemicals such as ginger are used as a preventative for Alzheimer free aging.

6. Antihistamine and Decongestant
Ginger helps to de-congest cold and flu-like symptoms while relieving headaches and sore throats. 



7. Assists in Weight-loss

Ginger can act as a fat burner by maintaining satiety, and make you feel full for longer. 



8. Treats Heartburn

Ginger inhibits acid reflux, helping to soothe the effects of heartburn, better than some medications. 



9. Improves Nutrient Absorption
Ginger helps to activate the enzymes in the body that assimilate essential nutrient absorption.

10. Reduces Flatulence
Due to ginger’s ability aid in digestion, it also alleviates the symptoms of flatulence. 



Another fantastic thing about ginger, apart from benefiting our health, of course, is the flavor it brings to our foods. Whether it be sweet or savoury, there is always a great way and great reason to maintain ginger into our diets!

The above words and picture from Laurentine here

For a sweet low carb recipe idea why not try these
Ginger Fat Bombs - see recipe here

Ginger Fat Bombs are the most delicious of all the fat bombs I have tried. Full of beautiful and healthy coconut oil and delicious ginger to keep hunger at bay and those carbs away. For more low carb, grain free recipes, see ditchthecarbs.com | ditchthecarbs.com

For a savoury low carb recipe idea you could try this 

Tasty Grilled Ginger Sesame Pork Tenderloin - see recipe here


Many thanks for reading
I do hope you've found some interesting facts and ideas.

All the best Jan 

10 comments:

Jo said...

Ginger is something I've never cooked with though I do like the flavour. I used to buy lots of ginger flavoured things when I was suffering from morning sickness.

Anonymous said...

Celeriac is good but does not look pretty. Ginger has good benefits but does not look pretty.
The saying never judge a book by its cover comes to mind. I do like the ginger fat bombs.

Jenny S

Anonymous said...

To Jenny S
The ginger fat bombs are lovely, have you tried the others too. The peppermint ones are good

Nona

Martha said...

I use ginger occasionally in recipes. And the ones you've shared here look great!

chris c said...

My mother used to buy me a jar of crystallised ginger for Christmas. Now I know she was trying to kill me!

I often use powdered ginger in my curries, especially with chicken or prawns. Thanks for reminding me I haven't bought a ginger root for a while. Peel and chop up leaving out the stringy central bit, with chillies. Yum!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I have heard the many good reasons for using ginger. Great post, enjoy your week!

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoy reading about the goodness in various foods. Ginger is something I didn't really know much about when I was growing up, but my sister first told me about ginger tea for upset tums. She swore by them. Then as I got a little more adventurous in my cooking, I started using it a lot. Thanks Jan and for the recipe links also.

Gail said...

I will have to look into adding ginger to our other crops. I haven't used it much but sounds pretty worthy of every one's attention.

Have a blessed night.

Anonymous said...

Nona. I have just read your comment to me.I think all the fat bombs have been good. I am making some chocolate ones nearer to Christmas. I like dark chocolate.

Jenny S

Lowcarb team member said...

To you all ...

Jo
Jenny
Nona
Martha
Chris
Eileen
Denise
Gail

Many thanks for your comments - they are appreciated.

All the best Jan