Total Pageviews

Monday 11 July 2016

Sorry - did the alarm clock go off too early!


Yes, Monday comes around once again! For many they probably groaned as the alarm clock went off ... ooh, just ten more minutes please, as they hit the snooze button! Are you guilty of that? I never like to get up on that first ring, and on mornings that I have to get up to the call of the alarm clock I always set it ten minutes early just so I can have a ten minute snooze!!! I know daft or what, but talking to friends many of them do this too. 


My day always starts with a lovely cup of tea, and once that first sip has been taken and savoured the day is off and running! Just recently I saw this poem on one of my blogging friends post and it struck a chord. 

Maybe this day is
One of your favorites, but
Never forget that every
Day you wake up is an
Amazing gift and it's up to
You to make it count


They are good words aren't they? So whatever you do today, or tomorrow ... or the next, we really should make each day count. 

Maybe, you are feeling a little down this morning, if you are, I hope these summer flowers may help to lift your spirits.



Take time to smell the flowers, and maybe later enjoy a slice of low carb strawberry cake with me ...

you can find the recipe here


Did You Know:
7 strawberries (80g) provides your recommended daily amount of vitamin C.
In addition to vitamin C, strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin K and manganese, as well as folic acid, potassium, riboflavin, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, copper, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids.
find out more about strawberries here

Thanks for reading
Wishing you all a good week ahead 

All the best Jan

9 comments:

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jan,
Good Monday morning to you! Your flowers, delicious recipe and photos certainly brightened by Monday morning!
Wishing you a lovely day too!
Jemma

Martha said...

What a lovely post for this beautiful Monday morning! And a strawberry cake recipe...YUM! Have a wonderful day.

Debbie said...

oooooh i love the verse. around here, every day is sunday and everyday is a holiday!!! blogger is having a problem with shifting images to the left side. there is a way to correct it.

In the left menu, click Template.
Under Live on blog, click Customize.
In the left menu, select Advanced > Add CSS (you may have to scroll down, it is the last one)
Add the code below
.post-body img {
display: inline-block !important;

On the top right, click Apply to blog.

happyone said...

I'm lucky, I just get up when I wake up which is usually about 6:15.
I eat strawberry sandwiches all the time. : ) Starting eating them with my grandmother when I was very little.
Just strawberries between two slicesof bread with a little icing sugar sprinkled on.

Lowcarb team member said...

Debbie
Thank you so much for giving the tips to shift the images, Eddie has been on the case and it's worked!

Thanks again

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

I love that little quote for Monday, so true would be a good one to have on the wall to remind me! That desert looks yummy and Strawberries are so good!!

Mo said...

I knew there was a good reason to love strawberries

Launna said...

I have two alarm clocks... and I hit the snooze often... I seriously need to get to sleep earlier in the evening... I think once I am finally working from home, I will be able to get right up as I can sleep for an extra hour and I don't have to go out... that is going to be wonderful xox

I love strawberries... I never heard of putting it in a sandwich, different but interesting xox

Lisa said...

I read a little affirmation each morning about trying to make the most of each day and appreciating what comes along.
I bought a punnet of strawberries from Lidl on Monday and hey were the tastiest I've ever had, so delicious!
Lisa x